Monday, January 17, 2011

THE WEEKEND

This weekend was great for sewing. My friend Leanne http://lizzie-the-quilter.blogspot.com/ came over and we had a very peaceful sewing day spent talking and stitching and looking at each others projects.

I worked on one of my Down In The Garden blocks by Leanne Beasley and Leanne worked on the mystery quilt from the Vignette Magazine also by Leanne Beasley.

A recent purchase of mine was a pack of fat quarters by Fig Tree Quilts called "Butternut". This fabric is pretty and fresh and I am itching to use it.



Sunday was a nice warm day so I stitched outdoors and couldn't help laugh at this bug who thought my sewing was a real flower. He flew down and sat right on the yellow flower centre of my stitched flower and would not get off it :)



I have also started the Vignette Magazine Mystery quilt by Leanne Beasley. It will be great for the new fabrics pictured above.  I am really looking forward to the next issue.


1 comment:

  1. Hi best friend. I love the little bug on your stitching thats so funny, He was probably wondering why he could get no pollen. I really enjoyed our sewing day, we must do it again very soon.

    ReplyDelete