Saturday, April 30, 2011

AUTUMN GARDEN AND MABON


I was thinking that from now on I would like to put other things on this blog and not just quilting. Since I have been really slack in that department lately, I don't like leaving a long time between posts.

It will be May in a couple of days. That means mid autumn. To celebrate mid Autumn I took some pictures of the garden as it is at the moment.  








It is the time of the autumn equinox, and the harvest is winding down. The fields are nearly empty, because the crops have been plucked and stored for the coming winter. Mabon is the mid-harvest festival, and it is when we take a few moments to honor the changing seasons, and celebrate the second harvest. On or around September 21, for many Pagan and Wiccan traditions it is a time of giving thanks for the things we have, whether it is abundant crops or other blessings.


So many Autumn blessings to you all.



1 comment:

  1. Happy Mabon to you too!
    I don't have any trees that change in my garden so i went out and about to enjoy this time with my camera in hand. This is one of my favourite times of the year

    ReplyDelete